The AGM was held last Sunday and for those who were unable to attend, here is a summary of the main points of discussion:
- Following the last AGM Covid continued to create some disruptions to the Clubs ability to open and trade under restrictions.
- Attendance has been down since we were able to reopen, and we have had only a couple of venue hires over the last 12 months so revenue has been compromised.
- Undertaking more promotion on social media, newsletters and advertising to encourage members to come down more often and to attract new members.
- Committee is planning more events to be hosted at the Club over the coming months. Looking for member feedback as to what events will be most popular.
- We are calling for volunteers to help on the Events Sub-committee to help plan and organise. Meetings once a month. People are encouraged to bring ideas along with er one a one-off basis, but preferably as an ongoing committee seat.
- Hoping to develop more regular food offerings. Looking for any volunteers who might want to help in the kitchen; and we are also investigating the possibility of outsourcing food service.
- Discussed maintenance list – things that have been done since last AGM, and those that still need to be addressed.
- Discussed possibly external funding opportunities we may qualify for towards upgrades/maintenance expenses such as Lotteries Commission.
- Reminder to collect membership tags from behind the bar as there are still a lot unclaimed.
- Discussion about allowing Dogs at the Club. There is an old existing rule that they are not allowed currently which was unknown to many; discussed possibility of amending the rule so that dogs under control and leashed will be allowed on the Deck area. Planning to have a special meeting for members to vote on that amendment. Date to be advised.
There will be a few changes on the Committee this year, with some members stepping down. Thanks Haleigh and Brandon who put their hand up last year, but cannot continue; and to Lizel Van Zyl who stepped in to assist with the treasurer duties late last year and has done a great job in improving the way things are done and streamlining a lot of the processes. We have been looking for someone to take on the Treasurer role.. Please get in touch if you can assist.
Welcome to Simone Harmse who has joined the Committee this year and will be looking after the marketing and social media side of things, and will head the events sub-committee.
Overall we have had a positive year despite the Covid disruption last year. However the Club’s financial position is reasonably sound. Thanks to all the bar volunteers who contribute their time, and to the hard working Committee members who also put a lot of time into keeping the place running behind the scenes. We are looking forward to summer and more sunny evenings on the Deck!
Jasper Campbell – Commodore.